soulmates

i rise from my bed, slip downstairs, and go in my garden. i sit, leaning back against the wood of my patio, running my fingers ever so delicately through a patch of grass which i wish you were sat on. lacing my fingers through the blades, i close my eyes and grasp a section of it, imagining your fingers intertwined with mine, thinking of how our minds could be laced together with much desire. the craving i have for you is unimaginable - my longing for you is like a drug, and i am a hopeless addict, like many before. or perhaps not. you could be anyone - i have never thought of who you may be, only that the love i have held waiting for you has nearly diminished through lack of love from anyone else who thought we were-

soulmates.

all those others, the ones i thought you may be, have only ever dispersed me out for themselves, for their selfish gains. i have been so many peoples first kisses, but none of them are important to me, for i only crave one kiss. maybe someone has stolen your first kiss, someone you love now or have fallen out of love with. maybe you felt like you had fallen in love, like i did years back, before it was ripped out before me. maybe you are already in love, and we are nothing more than soulmates that are meant to be in each others company, not together. maybe you are a friend, you see me everyday, we laugh and smile. maybe you have fallen in love with me, and i am your crush, your wished lover, and you are just waiting for me to realise that we are in fact-

soulmates.

a song thrush whistles from the blossomed tree growing before me as i let go of the grass - the sky has gone pink and the clouds are almost a light purple. i watch a plane fly overhead and lift my leg up, bending it so my foot is flat and i can rest my chin on my knee. after a few more minutes, the sky has gone dark and i rise - my thigh hurts and it is nearly 10pm, and i will not sleep tonight. i will only think of how there is someone out there, that you are out there, and no matter who you are, where you are, and who we will both be before we die, we are destined.

we are

soulmates.

Popular posts from this blog

life lesson - love

22:27

20:36